This week’s post will be all about Bridesmaids! Woohoo! Nothing better than asking your best girlfriends and my sister to be a big part of such a special day. I will have a total of six bridesmaids and have yet to tell any of them that they are going to be a bridesmaid. I am so excited to see their reactions and can’t wait for all of them to open their gifts. I have recently ordered six robes, all with “Bridesmaid” printed on the back of them, as well as champagne bottle labels that read “pairs well with bridesmaid duties.” These will go on top of the champagne bottles I got and then lastly, a champagne flute with their names on them.

When thinking of the decor and the whole wedding ambiance, I find myself quite torn between which colour scheme to pick for my bridesmaids. I don’t know if I should stick to something very neutral like a champagne colour or a blush pink, or go more colourful with olive or sage green.

I have found a YouTube video that dives deep into the many difficult decisions a bride has to make when planning her wedding day, and how picking a bridesmaid colour scheme can be very simple and straight forward. I love how this video showcased all of the styles, colours, and details and how she shared her experiences and tips with her viewers. (I need all the tips I can get!!)

I also loved this article from the Knot, I follow this blog quite closely, especially when it comes to all things wedding. The Knot shares very important tips that I would have not thought about before reading this post! I thought it was so crucial that they mentioned to keep in mind the budget; this is so important for me and for my bridesmaids as well. The Knot explained that “If any of your friends have been in a bridal party before, they’ll know bridesmaids traditionally pay for their own dresses. But a gentle reminder is never a bad idea. When it comes to price, try to be considerate of your friends’ lifestyles—after all, a bridesmaid dress probably isn’t the only thing they’re paying for. And while the destination bachelorette you have in mind sounds like a blast, wedding party-related costs do add up. If you’re concerned your wedding might be a financial burden for one or more of your bridesmaids, focus your search on dresses in a more affordable range, or select a specific colour you like and let them pick their own style from off the rack. Another idea: Take a cue from the guys and consider renting your bridesmaid dresses. Rental sites like Rent the Runway let your girls choose dresses from high-end designers in a range of colours and styles for a fraction of the cost.” (The Knot, 2021). I will definitely be using this blog to help me decide what colour scheme to go with and where to look with my bridesmaids interest in mind.

I also need to remind myself that because it will likely be somewhere warm (Mexico or Hawaii) that I will need to make sure the dresses are light and airy and not a dark colour!

Thats all for now! See you next week!

Megan