Okay everyone, buckle up as we go head first into my last week of wedding talk! To wrap up my wedding inquiry we are going to be talking about my bachelorette, this will be obvious by the photos, but yes, WE ARE GOING TO VEGAS! *Insert confetti emoji* I have never been to Las Vegas, but have always wanted to, and what better time than to go for my bachelorette! There will be ten of us girls going, so it will be nothing short of wild!

What we have planned so far:

1. Flights and hotel are booked! We are staying at the MGM and are so excited!

2. Pool Party on the Saturday

3. Dinner on Friday and Saturday

4. Exploring the strip/all the shopping

5. Finding cute pairs of cowboy boots for all ten girls!

We are so excited to celebrate in Vegas, it will be a much needed break from school and work for everyone. Although we are going in June and it will be very hot, we will have to stay cool by the pool!

First I have included a YouTube clip of what to pack/plan for any bachelorette:

I loved this YouTube video because it gave me so many ideas to bring to Vegas for my girlfriends and some game ideas, decor etc.

I also found a super helpful website that provided so many tips when planning your bachelorette party.

https://www.brides.com/las-vegas-bachelorette-party-guide-5190698

This blog post writes “They don’t call it Sin City for nothing. Las Vegas is an adult playground that caters to a wide variety of tastes, from guilty pleasures to more wholesome activities. If you’re looking to party, you’ll find no shortage of daytime or nighttime options. Gambling? Check. International cuisine and elite shopping? You got it. Pools and spas? There’s no shortage of those here. Even outdoor activities and natural wonders of the world are only a short hop away.” (Brides, 2020).

• Pools: While there are no natural beaches, Las Vegas offers a plethora of hotel pools tailored to a variety of styles, themes, and noise levels from tranquil and meditative to a full-on club environment.
  • Nightlife: The nightlife scene is robust, to say the least, with a multitude of options from entertainment profiles like concerts, theatre, and shows to clubbing events.
  • Food: Las Vegas boasts a vibrant epicurean offering of widely recognized chefs at the helm of many of its hotel restaurants.

I also found this super fun website that provides so many great recommendations for all things food and activities!

“We are sticking to the belief that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, especially when it comes to calories. There are restaurants and bars galore in all of Las Vegas, especially on the iconic strip, but only the best made the Stag and Hen short list.”

Some Restaurants Include: Lavo, Chandelier Bar, Carbonne, Skyfall Lounge, and Sushisamba

This website also has a large variety of super fun merch for all things bachelorette! (And yes, we will be getting matching Bride and Bride Tribe hats and bathing suits!)

I am beyond excited to explore Vegas with nine of my best girlfriends, and feel like the luckiest Bride to have such amazing friends!

When reflecting on my progress of my inquiry, I have really enjoyed exploring all things wedding planning. I feel like I have covered all of my favourite wedding topics thus far, and have answered so many of my questions from this inquiry project. My weekly blog posts have been fun, and helpful when applying them to my planning adventure. I really enjoyed engaging in this creative component of the course and loved to be able to utilize it in my everyday life. I have learned an immense amount of information throughout my progress of my inquiry and have found many helpful resources along the way. By incorporating multiple media sources such as other blog posts, websites, and YouTube videos this allowed me to provide a more in depth inquiry. I have learned throughout my inquiry that wedding planning is a full time job, and there are so many little details that go into the process as a whole. It’s important to do lots of research, and spend time really absorbing the information that you have gathered. In the beginning of this course I was nervous to participate in a blog forum/inquiry project because I have never done one before, but I have found it to be so enjoyable, and honestly therapeutic. I also found that my skills in technology have definitely improved, and realized it’s important to push yourself out of your comfort zone. The many technologies we were taught and used throughout the course have helped me grow as a future educator, and improved my blog posts from start to finish. I will definitely be taking what I learned in this course and the many resources and applying them to my future teaching career.